Effective May 1, 2019
Information Komodo Health May Collect From You
We collect the information needed to provide komodohealth.com visitors with the information, products, and services that Site visitors request and to update, promote, and distribute our products and services as they evolve. We collect the following information:
- Correspondence Received Through the komodohealth.com Site or Email: If you correspond with us via email or through other communication channels we may make available on or through the Site, we may retain such correspondence and any information (including personally-identifiable information) contained therein (including, but not limited to, your name, your employer, your job title, your email address, your physical address and/or your phone number). Since we cannot guarantee the confidentiality or security of information that you provide to us in an email that may travel over public networks, we recommend that you do not include information that you would consider to be confidential in an email that you send to us.
- Web Analytics: We also maintain standard web logs for functionality and analytics purposes that record data about all visitors who use this Site. When you use our Site, we may employ pixel tags (also known as clear gifs or web beacons) and cookies, which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personally identifiable information from your account is collected using these pixel tags. In addition, we may also use pixel tags in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make Komodo Health, our products and our website better for users. These logs may contain:
- The domains from which you accessed the Site
- The type of browser and operating system you use
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- The date and time you visited the Site
- The pages you viewed on this Site
- The address of the website you linked to the Site from
- Search terms you used to navigate the Site
We use the web log information to help us design our Site, to identify popular features, and to make the Site more useful for our visitors. Web logs are recorded in sequential files, and we do not try to identify individuals from web logs or use web logs to gather information about individuals. We may use certain third-party services including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, to help us understand your use of the Site. However, we may use web logs to identify any person attempting to break into or damage the Site, and we may share web log information with law enforcement agencies if we believe that we have evidence of a violation of computer security or related laws. Additionally, if you contact us via the Site, we may associate the contact information you provide with web logs of your use of the Site.
- Customer or Visitor Requests for Information: If you ask a question or make a request through this website or email, we may store your message and our response for a period of time, and we may use third-parties, including without limitation Salesforce, as well as our own internal email server to store such messages and associated information. We may use the information that we collect from your correspondences to respond to your inquiry and/or to notify you of various products and services, events, news or other Komodo Health-related opportunities or those of our partners. Email addresses and other contact information is never sold, given, or otherwise shared or disclosed to third parties except as expressly set forth herein. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You may change your email preferences relating to promotional communications emails from us by following the instructions at the bottom of those emails. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service communications.
Access, Correction, Deletion and Data Integrity
Disclosure and Use of Personal Information
We do not sell or lease personal information about visitors to this Site. We do not use or disclose personal information obtained through this Site except as expressly described in this policy. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may reveal personally identifiable information about you to third-parties if: (a) the information is provided to comply with the law, enforce an agreement we have with you, or to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of our employees or others; or (b) the information is provided to our agents, vendors, or service providers who perform functions on our behalf as described below.
We may disclose personal information to any person performing audit, legal, operational, or other services for us. Whenever possible, we will require any recipient of personal information for these purposes to agree in writing to use the information only for the purpose for which it was disclosed and to destroy or return it when no longer needed for that purpose. We may disclose personal information when required to do so by a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. Except when deemed by us to be infeasible, we will notify the individual of a subpoena, court order, or search warrant for the individual information, by e-mail using the e-mail address (if any) that the individual provided to us.
We may disclose personal information, as we deem appropriate, to protect the safety of an individual or for an investigation related to public safety or to report an activity that appears to be in violation of law. We may disclose personal information to protect the security and reliability of this web Site, and to take precautions against liability. We may disclose personal information to any successor in interest (any company or organization that purchases or otherwise take control of our assets).
Komodo Health is not acting as or on behalf of a health plan, health care provider, or health care clearinghouse as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its related regulations set forth in Parts 160, 162, and 164 of Title 45 of the Code of Federal Regulations (collectively, “HIPAA”) as the operator of the Site.
Customers and Other Authorized Users
Customers of Komodo Health’s products and services may use the sections of the komodohealth.com Site reserved for customer use that require a login solely as their respective agreements permit. Other authorized users may use them solely as and to the extent they have been authorized to do so. We request information from customers and other authorized users to authenticate them and verify their authorized use of the products, services, and other resources that Komodo Health provides.
We do not sell products or services to children. If you are under 18, you may use this Site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Do Not Track
We will respond and honor a browser’s “do not track” request.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.